So guys we are again here to help some of you guys who have issues related to their website not working without www prefix. Whether you are having problem with www not displaying or without www website version not displaying, I will show you a very simple and little trick for this problem which worked for me and hopefully will work for you too.
Why Is My Website Not Working without www prefix?
I searched a little about this and found that many like me were also looking for this simple problem of blog or website not opening without www prefix.Obviously your website will not work without www if you have not done just a little and simple task which I am going to show now.It was really very confusing when I also came to know that my website not working without www whether it is bought from godaddy, namecheap, 1and1, eznow, hostgator,register, domain, dreamhost, onlydomains, hostgator or any other local domain seller website.
How I Came To Know About This Issue:
Some days before when I purchased a domain name for my former blog globaltechguides before switching to peartrend, I simply applied the domain name through settings and after a couple of hours my domain name was all set up according to me because when I clicked on view my blog, I could easily access my blog at www.globaltechguides.com. Everything was looking fine until one of my close friend told me that your blog is not accessible without www prefix. I was shocked that how can this happen because my domain was working fine with www but it was not working without www prefix and i was not aware of this.This is an essential step to check after applying for each and every domain.
Actually this is not an issue with the Domain Registrar. It is your blog settings that are responsible for this problem that your site not opening without www prefix.
How to Fix Blog not working without ‘www’ prefix
Fixing it is very much simple. I thought that I will have to go through all of the CDN stuff before fixing it but when I fixed it, it was really very much easy and simple.
• Go To Your Blog dashboard.
• Click on Settings
• In Basic Settings, Click edit in front of your Domain Name Under Publishing, Blog Adress.
• Just Below your new Domain Name, there would be a check box with something written like Redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com. (in my case, it was Redirect globaltechguides.com to www.globaltechguides.com)
• Just Check (Tick) that Box and You are done.
Now check your blog with and without www prefix and it will be working with both versions of your website.
Fix Website not opeing without ‘www’ prefix on wordpress:
This is the same procedure as that of blogger.Just there are different navigations and settings on wordpress.
• Go to your wordpress dashboars settings page.
• Navigate to the Domain Name Settings or Custom Redeirects Page where you have already set your domain name for your blog or wordpress.
• Do the same as we’ve done in blogger,Just check mark the box which says Redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com.
• Just check your website and you’ll see Its working now with www and without www prefix.
Hope your problem with “website won’t work without www prefix” may have been fixed now. If you are still facing any issue on it, please let us know by commenting.