Two step verification is a security measure that requires an extra code when you log in either from a known browser or an unknown browser. When enabled, Facebook will always require a code from your smartphone during login process. This code came about from the Code Generator tool in the Facebook app. You can also have it sent to your mobile phone as an SMS. Using this great tool will help protect your account from unauthorized logins and most importantly, hackers.
How to Enable Two-Step Authentication/Verification on Facebook.
1. Click on the small downward-facing arrow in the upper right-hand corner to navigate to “Settings”, if you are using pc but when on mobile, just navigate down and click on settings. Then click on “Security” and select “Login Approvals.”
2. Click the box “Require a login code to access my account from unknown browsers” to start the setup process of the two step verification.
3. You will be asked to enter your password before making security changes to your account so as to verify the setup is really coming from the righful owner of the account. Enter the password and click on “Submit.”
4. The first two image below briefly describe how the 2FA works on Facebook. Click on “Get Started”
5. If you have not yet submitted your phone number to Facebook, you will be asked to enter it and add it to your Timeline.
6. Shortly after entering your number and clicking on continue, Facebook will text you a code immediately. Enter the code and confirm.
7. With 2FA setup complete, you have the option to turn off the login approval for a week.
But we recommend checking the box with “No thanks” and securing your settings right away for immediate protection.
Now You’re Done || Don’t forget to share to friends so as to get their facebook account secured